Arlington Heights and Chicago Probate Administration Lawyer
In the probate administration process, all issues regarding a decedent’s property are resolved. Debts and taxes are paid, and if the person has a will, property is distributed according to the decedent’s wishes.
Many people fear or dread the probate process, thinking it’s expensive and burdensome. Properly performed, the probate administration can be efficient and trouble-free.
We provide a full range of probate administration advice and services for executors and administrators of estates, including:
- Identification, valuation, and marshalling of estate assets
- Filing of probate petitions
- Payment of estate taxes and debts
- Resolution of outstanding issues such as title issues and sale of real estate
- Distribution of remaining estate assets in accordance with the will
- Final accounting reconciliations and filing of papers with the court
Our goal is to achieve an efficient, trouble-free, cost-effective conclusion of the probate process.
Call us at (847) 506-7330 or contact us to arrange for a free consultation.
Suburban Chicago Guardianship Lawyer
When a person is not able to manage his or her affairs, a guardianship can be established. There are two types of guardianships: a guardian of the estate has authority over the person’s assets and finances, while a guardian of the person makes decisions about living arrangements, personal care, health care, and so on.
The Law Offices of Roger W. Stelk has extensive experience in the guardianship area:
- We establish guardianships on behalf of clients
- Advise guardians regarding their duties under the law
- Prepare and file required annual reports with the Court
Disputes can arise over guardianship issues, for example, between adult children over personal care and financial issues involving a parent who is no longer able to care for himself or herself. Our firm represents clients in guardianship litigation involving these and other situations.
Roger Stelk has extensive experience in probate and guardianship matters, and will work to provide you with the advice and services needed to achieve your goals.
For a free initial consultation with the Law Offices of Roger W. Stelk call (847) 506-7330 or contact us. Located in Arlington Heights, our firm serves clients in Cook County, the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, and Northern Illinois.